This document is a publicly shared document with some troubleshooting and informational guides around Apple Silicon (M1) support. Please add a comment for any inaccuracies.
- Homebrew install commands into
arm64systems, instead of
- https://isapplesiliconready.com — Is a specific tool or app ready to run on Apple Silicon?
- https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/tell-apps-optimized-for-m1-apple-silicon-macs/ — How do we know if a tool or app on our device is running on Apple Silicon?
- https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/416036/tell-if-running-process-is-running-under-rosetta-or-is-m1-native-by-command-line — Same as above, but via the command-line.
- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65042788/how-to-detect-if-an-ios-app-is-running-on-an-m1-mac — How to detect if an iOS app is running on macOS. Snippet included below.
- Troubleshooting Notch Issues
- Running Your iOS Apps on macOS
- tl;dr: Choose the My Mac (designed for iPhone) run target. Your provisioning profile will need to be updated, and the error will show your Mac's UDID. Add this into the developer center, then refresh profiles and build.
How to check if a machine is on
How to programmatically check within iOS if an iOS app is running on macOS
ProcessInfo.processInfo.isiOSAppOnMac ? "iOS on Mac" : "iOS NOT on Mac"